Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Happy Birthday America! Woooooo!!!"...

...That was the phrase and cheer shouted by the many stars-and-stripes-bikini clad chicks in Hermosa Beach on Friday. Wow have I not been in that scene for a while. The people watching was fantastic. By people watching I mean drunk people drawing attention to themselves. It wasn't all just beach cruisers with red, white and blue streamers, though, there was also a beach full of family parties (which is where we hang out these days). After paying $20 to park at a church (the lot and every spot in Hermosa was taken by the time we got there at 10am) we enjoyed a nice breakfast at Good Stuff (Connor slept through this and wolfed down his cold pancake when he awakened and got cold eggs all over the new stroller). Then it was off to the beach meet some friends and to watch our kids get covered in sand. It was caked on so much they both looked like cinnamon sugar doughnuts. Then our shower looked like a cinnamon sugar doughnut after they were done with it.









Don't you wish you were that happy and silly while you were wearing a bikini? I know I do.





This ball was actually the out-of-bounds marker for a wiffle ball game. Connor decided that he would be the line judge and that the ball wasn't needed. Ted didn't move him because he was excited to have him playing with a football rather than Camryn's girly toys for once.


c

1 comment:

Caron said...

It looks like everyone is having fun! I love the pictures and knowing what you all are doing. You've got the cutest kids ever!